INDIA'S LEADING ECONOMIC RESEARCH FIRM
Indicus in News
Books & Reports
|Forecast for Wholesale Price Index inflation in week to Oct 17|
|TickerPlant News Service|
|Monday, 02 November 2009 03:42|
TPN TickerPlant Economists Forecast: WPI inflation 1.59% week to Oct 17Source TickerPlant
MUMBAI, OCT 28: TickerPlant Economists Forecast for Wholesale Price Index inflation in week to Oct 17:
* Inflation projections median: 1.59%, average: 1.61%.
* Week earlier provisional level: 1.21%, year-ago: 10.82%.
* Economists of 16 banks or financial services firms polled (see below).
* Projections range between 1.40% and 1.90%.
Central Statistical Organisation will detail WPI on Thursday by 12PM.
Comments by economists:
ROBERT PRIOR-WANDERSFORDE, economist, HSBC Global Research.
WPI inflation for the week ended Oct 17 is likely at 1.4%. Tailwinds supporting stronger inflation are gathering. We expect WPI to reach 8% by March next year with broad-based strengthening in the index.
Economists/organisations polled and projections for inflation rate.
1. Anand Rathi Securities/Sujan Hajra, chief economist 1.56
2. Axis Bank/Saugata Bhattacharya, chief economist 1.63
3. Bank of Baroda/Rupa Rege Nitsure, chief economist 1.63
4. CARE Ratings 1.60
5. CRISIL/D.K. Joshi, principal economist 1.47
6. DSP Merrill Lynch/Indranil Sengupta, chief India economist 1.90
7. Dun & Bradstreet/Yashika Singh, Head - Economic Analysis 1.59
8. HSBC Global Research/Robert Prior-Wandesforde, Sr Asian economist 1.40
9. ICICI Securities PD/A.Prasanna, chief economist 1.76
10. IDBI Gilts/Namrata Padhye, economist 1.59
11. Indicus Analytics/Sumita Kale, chief economist 1.55
12. JP Morgan Chase/Gunjan Gulati, economist 1.55
13. Kotak Mahindra Bank/Indranil Pan, chief economist 1.59
14. MF Global India/Anjali Verma, economist 1.59
15. Nomura Financial/Sonal Varma, chief economist 1.72
16. Reliance Equities/Ketaki Sharma, economist 1.65
See TPN story for economists' forecast of inflation at this financial year end. Story title: TPN ECONOMY GAUGE: India FY10 Inflation Forecasts
NOTE: TickerPlant News has made every effort to ensure that estimates compiled from independent sources are the latest. TickerPlant News shall not be liable for any errors, inaccuracies, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Poll conducted by Sambhaji Shelar, TickerPlant News